The era of 2017/18 Admission session is now on the final stage and any hope of securing admission with jamb will end this month. February 2018 to be precise.
However the longer you wait, the more you lose and there is need for you to decide your next step this week.
It’s now or never and any decision made now will be helpful or regretted.
Firstly, the sales of 2018 jamb registration will end by February 12 2018 after which the sales of the form will stop and the registration portal will be shut down to new users.
For those that are yet to be offered Admission you need to decide on your next step today,tomorrow or before February 12.
5 things you can do if you are yet to be offered Admission.
1) polytechnic dpt ( you have 100% guarantee of gaining admission if you apply for daily part time programme in any polytechnic in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, the polytechnics need more student in dpt, moreso candidates that run dpt programme can later switch to full time programme.
2) university part time: I don’t need to say more on part time programme. There is no admission limit and this is the reason many go for part-time. Admission is certain and bsc will be issued after 5 years.
3) distance learning programme: similar to part-time programme but the face to face contact is minimal, lectures attend to students online and 2 or 3 weeks will be dedicated to face to face meeting
4) private polytechnic and university: Admission in Private universities and Poly’s never end. The admission door is always open form January to December.
You can visit the school to get more details on admission requirements.
5) ijmb admission to 200 level ( you can read more on ijmb website www.aboutijmb.com
With ijmb you can secure Admission to 200 level without jamb and you will also recover the years you have lost In the past. Ijmb is approved by both nuc and jamb for university admission more details available on www.aboutijmb.com
Lastly…..the most unsafe decision you can make right now is to do nothing and you need to act fast to turn things around. You can select any option out of the alternatives suggested above and your possibility of leaving the pool of admission seekers will be very high.
The main reason why admission is difficult is not farfetched, it quite obvious that the demand for Admission surpassed supply, the number of institutions in Nigeria can no longer cater for those that want to secure Admission via jamb.
Wish you the best.