UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
DISTANCE LEARNING CENTRE
DRAFT ACADEMIC CALENDAR FOR 2016/2017 SESSION
Payment of Acceptance fee (Newly Admitted Students) – Monday, March 6, 2017
Payment of tuition fee and Registration
(New and returning students) – Monday, April 3, 2017
Downloading of Course Materials – Monday, March 6, 2017
Closing date for registration – Friday, June 10, 2017
Late registration (#10,000) – Monday June 12 – Thursday June 15, 2017 (late fee of #10,000 applies)
First Semester Self-Study – April 4 – May 31, 2017
First Semester Interactive Session – June 1– July 9, 2017
First Semester Revision – June 10 – June 16, 2017
First Semester CAs Administration – June 15 – July 14, 2017
First Semester Examination – July 17 – August 20, 2017
Mid-Session Break/Self Study – August 21 –September 10, 2017
Outstanding Teaching Practice/Practicum/Library Practice for 2015/16 session Would be observed from May 2 – May – June 16, 2017(Education Students only)
Second Semester Self-Study – August 21 – September 22, 2017
Second Semester Interactive Session – September 25 – October 29, 2017
Second Semester Revision – October 30 – November 5, 2017
Second Semester CAs Administration – October 16 – November 8, 2017
Second Semester Examination – November 10 – December 20, 2017
(With the exemption of statutory holidays like Independence Day, Muslim holidays, Christmas & New year holidays)
(It is very important for student to register as at when due to ensure that they do not fall behind schedule in academic activities as specified on the calendar)
1. Download of Course Materials: Students are expected to download and commence study of their course materials immediately after registration. This is very important for you to be in a good stead before the commencement of interactive sessions and administration of CAs.
2. Project Supervision: Supervisors would be allocated to 400 level students at the beginning of second semester. Current 500 level students have already been allocated during the last session. Students having problems regarding project supervision should send an email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
3. Students should attend interactive sessions ONLY in courses they have registered for.
4. Add and Delete can be done twice ONLY, after which the student’s course registration will be finally locked. Information on this would be provided after closure of registration. Note that add and delete would not be entertained once examinations have commenced.
5. No complaints would be responded to officially EXCEPT the ones sent to the Student Support Unit via firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Students are to note that the dedicated student email address is the only authorized email that would receive attention from the Centre. Therefore, students are advised to always check their dedicated emails for correspondence sent from the Centre from time to time.
7. We are working assiduously towards publishing all results to enable registration before deadline.
University of ibadan DLC Academic calendar 2016/17 session
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN