HomeNewsATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi

ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi

.

A 25-year-old student of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University,
ATBU, one Michael Loya, was Wednesday, reportedly
electrocuted to death while trying to spread wet clothes on a
Unclad wire in his compound at Gentle Villa, Gwallameji,
Bauchi state.
But in a contrary statement, the Police Public Relations
Officer, PPRO, of the State command, DSP Haruna
Mohammed, said Loya was electrocuted while trying to
reconnect electricity illegally in his compound.
“Preliminary inquiry revealed that the victim might
have been electrocuted while trying to reconnect
electricity illegally to his compound,” he said.
Mohammed said the Police patrol team attached to Yelwa
Division visited the scene and rushed the victim to the
Federal Polytechnic Medical Centre, Bauchi, for treatment.
“Unfortunately, Loya was certified dead on arrival by a
medical doctor,” the PPRO added.
“The corpse has however been deposited at ATBU Teaching
Hospital mortuary for autopsy,” Mohammed stated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*